Thursday, April 19, 2012

My week in pictures

Here is my version of "The Camera Dump" blogpost!


First on the list is Abby's Poppin with Adjectives Unit!  I bought this last year and it worked so well, I pulled it out again!




From there we  purchase yet another unit from the Darlin' Mrs. Abby  This time is was the
 Pirate Mark--AR unit!  Again, I used this last year and it too was a WINNER!  So of course we used it again!



{I think this one looks like Chunk from the Goonies!}






We made a treasure map, {also in the unit}  I hid the words all over the school and of course someone else found them!  I had to put more words out the next morning..this time, only in my hall!!





From there we head on over to Miss Snowden where she has a FREE..yep..FREE Kite mini!  Our reading story was Days with Frog and Toad and our comprehension skill was problem/solution.  Last year we made kites...really.simple.kites!  But THIS year...I found THIS!!!      



AND, it's more than just kite outlines!  There are poems, contractions, and writing sheets!  Go check her out!!!



From there we move on into Science where we are learning about plants!  We planted our plants and then created this!  {I also have this available in a student sheet..well, almost available!  Check back this weekend!}  

Tomorrow we create the Plants Need and Give chart! 

 {This is my favorite Science unit..well, this and space..which we don't really teach in 1st grade anymore :(  }



THEN....I FOUND THIS!!!!  And Amy Lemons!  {who happens to live in the same town as my brother and sister in law!  AND, my sis in law got to hear her speak at those "teacher" days before school!!}  
Oh.My.Word!    I am IN love!!!!     

This little Earth Day unit has kept my kiddo's super busy this week!  Tomorrow we finish the Earth Day book and I am super excited and can't wait to take pics of those little darlin's!





And now some phonics!  This week is the er, ir, ur sound.  I saw something similar on Pinterest and re-created it.  I know my drawing skills need some improvement, but I literally had 30 minutes to throw this baby together while my darlin's were in Music.


Check back this weekend for the Plant mini with the student sheets!



1 comment:

  1. I adore your photos and your teaching style. Can I have the big resolution size of the in my email, please?

    ReplyDelete