Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Graphing with Cheez-Its!

We are studying graphs this week and I thought about graphing food, cause, well, face it...I like food!  And it's a good motivator for kids!  So I thought about colored cereal, colored macaroni, jello,  even oreo's!   Then I saw this box:



I thought:  I could graph the vowels and the consonants!  They need a little help with that anyway, so it's a Win/Win!!!

And that's what we did today!







I gave each student a sheet of paper, and a handful of crackers.



They had to start out by sorting them into vowels and consonants.   



I even showed them on the ELMO


Then, they could graph them and EAT them!!


I added this graph to my 



(it's FREE!!!)



Happy graphing!

5 comments:

  1. First, let me say: I am your newest follower! Second, I LOVE this idea. Probably because the food caught my attention, too. Haha where did you find these cheezits? I have never seen them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like this. Thank you! I'm with Kristin, the food caught my eye too :)
    And now I'm your newest follower. Hope you come and visit. Take care!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through the TBA linky party.
    Now a follower. WoW! I sure do wish we had these cool crackers in Canada. Have a great year.

    Theresa
    candydishtreats.blogspot.com
    primaryprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Y'all!! I found the crackers at Wal Mart! I was going to do Alpha-Bits cereal, but couldn't find any so I just happened across these!
    Oh, and I promise to do a better job of updating my blog! I have lots of pics on my camera, but never remember to bring it home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids love these Cheez-Its Scrabbles! They love anything with food!! Just became your newest follower!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete